Diocese of Natal Advertises Post of Diocesan Secretary
Anglican Diocese of Natal
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of
in the Anglican Diocese of Natal
Download PDF of this advertisement here – Advertisement_Natal
Location of Post: Cathedral Centre, 169 Langalibalele Street, Pietermaritzburg.
Description and Purpose of the Post:
The Diocesan Secretary is the senior executive responsible for the management of the administration in the Diocese of Natal. The incumbent reports to the Bishop of Natal.
Subject to the direction of the Diocesan Bishop and implementing resolutions from Synod, the Board of Trustees and Diocesan Council, the primary responsibilities of the post include –
- Supporting the implementation of the mission and vision of the Diocese
- Ensuring that the Diocese maintains an effective, efficient and transparent financial management and control system;
- As the Diocesan Public Officer, ensuring that the Diocese adheres to all legal requirements in respect of its Public Benefit Organisation status;
- Overseeing all tax matters as prescribed in the Tax Administration Act;
- Supporting the stability of the Diocese as a whole while promoting Christian development;
- Ensuring compliance with all Constitutional and Canonical, statutory and regulatory requirements and that decisions of Synod, Diocesan Council and the Board of Trustees are implemented;
- Ensuring effective management of movable and immovable assets;
- Enabling effective support to the various parishes, organisations and schools;
- Ensuring that appropriate governance procedures are in place to advance accountability, transparency, compliance with relevant rules and regulations to facilitate effective operational efficiency;
- Managing human resources and volunteers as well as the provision of support for the management of the human resources of the parishes, organisations and schools;
- Supporting effective communication management;
- Ensuring effective risk management system;
- Holding regular meetings with senior staff.
- Extensive experience (5 years or more) in management of a large organisation requiring the ability to communicate, work with and understand the needs of the various levels within the Diocese;
- The ability to make decisions while retaining empathy in dealing with people;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (the ability to communicate in isiZulu is an advantage).
- To be a practising Anglican would be an advantage.
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree (Finance and Management).
- Computer literacy
Remuneration: A market-related package
Closing Date for Applications: 29th June 2018
Written Applications together with an abridged CV and relevant qualifications must be received by close of business on 29th June 2018 by:
Mrs Adele Green
Private Bag 899
Or Emailed to: email@example.com
Or Hand delivered to:
Mrs Adele Green
169 Langalibalele Street
Successful shortlisted candidates will be notified by 31st July, 2018.