The Lectionary from Advent 2017 – Advent 2018 is now available @ R22 each excluding postage
Please send your orders to firstname.lastname@example.org
A quote of the costs will be sent to you. Orders are sent on receipt of payment.
Canon Cynthia Botha
ACSA Publishing 011 375 2709
An Elective Assembly will be held to elect a new Bishop for the Diocese of Khahlamba, beginning on Wednesday December 6th.
The assembly will choose a successor to Bishop Mazwi Tisani, who has retired. Please pray for the preparations, for the Assembly and for the Diocese.
Bishop Nkosinathi Ndwandwe, at present Suffragan Bishop of Natal, will be enthroned as Bishop of Mthatha on Saturday 9 December 2017. Please pray for him, his family and his new Diocese.
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY
TO THE ANGLICAN CANON LAW COUNCIL COMMITTEE (ACLC)
THE PROVINCIAL EXECUTIVE OFFICER (PEO)
Legal Administrative Secretary of ACLCSA Committee and to the PEO
Provincial Executive Officer
The Secretary will be required to administratively support the ACLCSA Committee
and the PEO with secretarial, drafting and research tasks some of which are listed in
duties and responsibilities below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In liaison with the Chairperson (or in his/her absence the Deputy Chairperson
or other designated ACLCSA Committee member) and Secretary of the
ACLCSA Committee, provide legal administrative assistance to the ACLCSA
Committee in terms of its ‘purpose and objectives as found in section 3 of
ACT XVIII of the Constitution and Canons of the Anglican Church of Southern
Africa (ACSA) including research, the drafting of letters and documents, giving
notices of meetings, taking minutes, filing, and record keeping
2. Arrange activities of the ACLCSA Committee and the Annual Conferences
3 Support the PEO administratively with legal (canon law) matters as required
4. Liaise with Registrars and Chancellors as requested by the PEO and the
Chairperson of the ACLCSA Committee.
5. Prepare the agenda and order papers for ACLCSA Committee meetings and
Conferences as requested by Chairperson of the ACLCSA Committee
6. To provide such legal administrative support as required for the effective
functioning of the ACLCSA Committee and assisting the PEO with legal
(canon law) matters.
Qualifications should include:
1. Experienced legal secretary or administrator with required qualifications
2. Some knowledge or understanding of Canon Law and a preparedness to
upskill in this area (this is a recommendation only)
3. Excellent research, computer and administrative skills
4. Excellent organizational and time management skills
5. Good written and spoken communications skills
6. Accuracy and attention to detail
7. A calm and professional manner
8. Flexible and adaptable approach to work hours
9. Ability to use own initiative
Closing date for applications: 31 October 2017
Please send applications to:
The Provincial Executive Officer, the Revd Horace Arends at
Kindly be advised that after the 5th ballot, the clergy and representatives of the laity of the Diocese of Mthatha decided today to delegate to the Bishops of the Church of this Province the power of choosing their next Bishop.
Please do continue to pray for the Diocese of Mthatha. – The Venerable Horace Arenz, Provincial Executive Officer
An Elective Assembly will choose a successor to the retiring Bishop of Mthatha, the Right Revd Sithembele Mzamane, this week.
Please pray for the Elective Assembly and for the candidates nominated for election:
- The Revd Canon Bonginkosi Justice Mditshane – Rector of St Alphage, Gxulu;
- The Revd Jemuel Tembinkosi Ngombane – Rector of St Andrew’s, Ngangelizwe;
- The Very Revd Mcibesi Pinayana – Dean of the Diocese of Mthatha and Vicar-General.
Please pray for the repose of the soul of Mrs Emma Mashinini, Order of Simon of Cyrene, of the Diocese of Pretoria who passed away yesterday.
Please hold her family and close friends in prayer during their time of bereavement and beyond.
May her soul rest in eternal peace to rise in glory.
Please pray for Provincial Standing Committee to be held from 27-29 September 2017.
Your Son sent out the twelve to proclaim the Kingdom and to heal:
send your Spirit to empower your Church today
to proclaim the good news of the Kingdom,
to bring healing where there is distress, and
to equip our generation for worship, witness and service,
that the world may know that you have sent us;
for you reign in glory as Creator, Redeemer and Power of love,
one God, now and always.